Responsible for providing technical computer assistance and customer support on-site and by phone. This includes technical problem recognition, research, isolation, resolution, and follow-up. Requires experience and understanding of computing systems and networking applications. Typically involves the use of a problem management database, incident tracking system and system monitoring tools. Only problems of a complex nature are escalated for resolution. Assist with Windows/Linux systems administration and web application development projects (optional).
Provides telephone based, email and on-site computer support. Provides assistance to end-users related to computer and or networking problems, and services. Identifies and analyzes all software, hardware, and network-related issues, recommends solutions and assists users with resolution. Escalates problems of a complex nature as needed. Responds to emergency calls and routine calls. Analyzes problems to determine if a technician site visit is required. Creates work orders and follows up on technician visits to ensure resolution. Documents all reported problems. Evaluates user applications and operating systems to allow for maintenance. Provides consultation on system-related problems and make recommendations regarding systems and equipment to end-users; provides support, information and consulting services to faculty, staff and students. Assists users in maintaining their desktop computing environment. Recommends supported software applications and operating systems to end-users. Assists in the maintenance of a knowledge database. Maintains equipment inventories. Applies understanding and knowledge of information systems products and services to assist internal users. Identifies, investigates and researches user questions and problems as well as recognizes, researches, isolates and resolves information systems problems.
– Proficiency with both Mac and PC/Windows. Exceptional oral and written communication skills in Japanese and English. Well-organized and detail-oriented.
– Service-minded, self-motivated and able to work independently, in a team environment, and across organizational units.
– Proven ability and drive to provide excellent customer service.
Tokyo / Yokohama
The IT Systems Administrator is responsible for managing and maintaining our end client’s networks. Ensuring client satisfaction and quieting their networks are essential in this position.
The IT Systems Administrator position is a key contributor in the success of managing our client’s networks. This is achieved by quickly resolving incidents that our clients open tickets for and by constantly monitoring the alerts generated by our tools to resolve incidents before our clients are aware.
To perform this job successfully, the successful candidate must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work on multiple priorities and/or projects simultaneously.
- Excellent listening and communications skills, both verbal and written in English and Japanese.
- Strong customer relationship skills.
- Organized, detail-oriented and self-motivated.
- Ability to provide and maintain detailed documentation on each job.
- Strong computer skills and the ability to effectively communicate through e-mail and phone.
- Intermediate knowledge of routers, layer 2/3 switches, and other networking devices.
- Background in Microsoft Server Operating Systems, and Networks.
- Advanced knowledge of all Microsoft Workstation Operating Systems- and Applications.
- Ability to remain in contact with the client through to completion or resolution of the incident.
- Problem-solving abilities and ability to meet reasonable deadlines.
- Ability to build positive and collaborative relationships.
- Willingness to develop professionally.
- Ability to work with little supervision.
- Experience with Microsoft Active Directory in a Multi-site environment, domain trusts, and with troubleshooting group policy
Success in the IT Systems Administrator position will be based on your ability to meet or exceed our client’s expectations and by exceeding the SLA (Service Level Agreements) put in place for the various agreements.
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) is preferred.
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) is preferred.
- 2+ years’ experience in computer network management is required.
- Experience in managing end client networks is preferred.
- Professional, office environment.
- Working from home (optional)
Job Type: Full-time
Work time: 9:00 – 17:00/Mon-Fri
Location: Tokyo / Yokohama, Japan
For further information, or a personal interview, please contact us directly by phone at +81-586-81-7250 or via mail, HERE